While looking around for nice visual studio color schemes, I stumbled upon Commonality's Naming your computers post. I'm happy to know I'm not the only one doing that.
All the computers in Caffeine IT are named on the theme of light. Here's a rundown.
- Luciole, Lueur: decomissioned machines I had when in France
- Aurore: A dell machine that I am now disposing off, mainly because I can't be bothered to rebuild it.
- Tinkerbell: my main dev laptop, MacBook Pro running Vista Ultimate.
- Photon: The MacBook Air running Vista Ultimate.
- Lumiere: The Sony TP1E that is the test machine for my yet to be released Vista media integration software, and connected to the big LCD screen. Only way to test 3-feet user experience is to set-up a machine with no keyboard and no mouse, relying only on the remote. Running Vista Home Premium.
- Blackhole: The custom-built Xeon machine that holds my dev environments and the multi-terabyte RAID5 array. Running Windows Server 2008 Core with Hyper-V
- Glimmer: The build server, web uat environment, and other bits and bobs (server 2008 Standard)
- Pulsar: The backup server (windows home server)
- Hubble: A video streaming server on Windows Server 2003 R2.
- RayOfLight: The iphone :)
And before you ask, of course I need that many. :)