If you plan to attend, please leave a comment on this entry.
I should have the time in the next few days to publish the result of the third edition of the alt.net beers. Thanks for everyone who came and made it a very successful event.
So let’s plan the date for the next one. From now on, I’ll organize the event on the last Tuesday of each month. To make sure we don’t step on each others toes, most of the UK community events now share their dates in a central location, so hopefully you won’t ever have to make a choice between all the amazing events that happen in the UK.
Following on the success of the previous events,I am happy to announce the next alt.net London Beers event. Tequilla\ has been nice enough to let us use their downstairs lounge bar, to continue with the tradition of beer-oriented conferencing.
The format is a mini openconf-style session. Here are the rules, slightly changed to learn from the previous event.
- Arrivals, discussion and socializing between 18:00 and 19:15, with one necessity: find the topic of the day and find the questions that we will try to answer.
- Between 19:15 and 19:30 we will vote on the subject we want to talk about, in two rounds, by raising hands.
- At 19:30 the big clock will start ticking for a time-boxed 60 minutes workshop on the subject. The goal is simple: can we as a group get insight and progress our understanding of the problem.
- At 20:30 the clock will ring and that will be it of the conversation. Everyone will be invited to fill-in a wiki with a one or two line answer to two questions: what did you want to get out of the session, what did you get. The goal is to capture a snapshot of the state of mind at the event, and to be able to compare those with the result of our reflections that, I’m sure, will be extensively shared on blogs, mailing lists, twitter, etc.
- Once this is all written down, everybody will be able to continue the discussion in the pub or wherever they see fit.
TEQUILA\ London Limited
82 Dean Street
View Larger Map
We’re always looking for new locations and one or several sponsors. If you or your company is interested, pop me an email email@example.com.