With all the festive excitements, I really thought I had announced this when I put the date down on http://ukdotnet.ning.com but I obviously didn’t.
So as (nearly) every months, we’ll be holding our monthly alt.net meeting in Soho next Monday, with tester extraordinaire and dynamic language addict Ben Hall. Please register on http://ukdotnet.ning.com/events/altnet-london-beers-5 so I know how many of you to expect. We also usually wait for everyone to have arrived before starting, and if you’re not on the list we can’t start!
The format is a mini openconf-style session. Here are the rules, slightly changed to learn from the previous event.
- Arrivals, discussion and socializing between 18:00 and 19:15, with one necessity: find the topic of the day and find the questions that we will try to answer.
- Between 19:15 and 19:30 we will vote on the subject we want to talk about, in two rounds, by raising hands.
- At 19:30 the big clock will start ticking for a time-boxed 60 minutes workshop on the subject. The goal is simple: can we as a group get insight and progress our understanding of the problem
- If the subject stales, the subject can switch to a new one, the second down in the list of votes.
- At 20:30 the clock will ring and that will be it of the conversation. We’ll do a roundtable of each person where I’ll be asking you to decide of an action you’re going to take based on the discussion (something new we didn’t do until now).
- Then everyone will write it down for wiki publication, everybody will be able to continue the discussion in the pub or wherever they see fit.
We should be able to hold our reunion at the Tequilla lounge bar, like last time. I’ll have confirmation tomorrow, and if not I’ll announce here a new location.